"For me, the world evolves in the middle of a perfect geometry. My spatula's squares represents cycles in time, in inter-linked figures. The spiral becomes a source of light that turns inward, towards the absolute; the circle in identical instants, the square in order of the Universe..."
Artist and galleriste since 1995 who was born in Cali, Colombia. Virginia Hernández, started to promote artists in Cali, Colombia in 1995 with her first Art Gallery "Luna Rosa" Arriving to France in 2002 she continues her Art studies in Paris ; in 2004 the French Riviera became her inspiration in her atelier in the Medieval Village : Gorbio. She started her own exhibitions in Monaco, Portland/ Maine, Belgium, Spain, Paris and the French Riviera, specially in Monaco. In 2008 "Luna Rosa" started to promote Latin American artists in Europe with her non profit Association "COLOMBIArtistica". In 2012 new artistics projects brings her to Belgium where she open "La Galerie La Spirale" in Liège; an intercultural space where she does cultural exchanges with artists from the world. In 2013 international projection in USA started with more international exhibitions inviting artists from the world to participate.Her slogan : Art without borders!!
• In 2014 cultural exchanges with USA started developing with a cultural partner ART CENTER MIAMI, the project VIP ART GALLERY TOUR and the NAIF EXHIBITION in Miami. With that Naïf style, Luna Rosa organize Art events in different countries since 2008.
• In 2013; she open the Galerie LA SPIRALE in Liège, an intercultural space to invite artists from the world, to participate in exhibitions with a particular topic, or style giving opportunity to them. Luna Rosa did many exhibitions until today with Contemporary, Naïf, Sculpture, Illustration, photograpy, Figuratif, style.At that time she started a new project doing artistic tours as" Rally Femmes du Monde " and the solo exhibition" Dulce Regalo "with Fabiana Pena. Luna Rosa organized her a tour in diffent art spaces in Liège, exhibiting her art work.
• In 2013 the cultural satisfactions began. The Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs during the day of the immigrant gave her an international recognition through the program COLOMBIA NOS UNE
• 2012, new beginning for Luna Rosa, new goals to accomplish. She open her art work atelier in Liège, Belgium and she continues to organize exhibitions. Her institution became international as a cultural manager.
• In 2011 Colombiartistica became a Latin American artistic net work and diffents cultural entities started to invite her and the represented artists to participate in international events.
• In 2010 the majority of projects and its development started in Monaco, the Cote d’Azur; Paris and Barcelone, where for its many approachable factors, the diversity of cultural backgrounds has opened many doors Europe-wide.
• It is in 2008, that the Luna Rosa establishment begins to direct itself more specifically towards the art of Colombia and Latin America in the Cote d’Azur. The establishment is renamed Colombiartistica with Virginia Hernández as its President and Philippe Dimblon as Vice president. Under the direction of Virginia Hernández, this Non-profit institution began to conduct various projects in 2009 with the following obtained results; official credibility as a recognized artists selective committee in the region of the South of France. Colombiartistica started to organize cultural excanges between Latin America and Europe inviting many artists to participate in their exhibitions.
• It was 2004, in the Cote d’Azur that Virginia Hernández decides to install, and where she presently dedicates herself to discovering new young talents including those from Latin America promoting in this manner, her belief, that all types of worldly barriers are surpassed through art. Luna Rosa, as their artists called her before, held exhibitions of her work in Monaco, Belgium, New York, Portland, Miami and finally the French Riviera ( Cote d’Azur )
• In 2002, the Luna Rosa project expanded in France, when, after doing Art studies in Paris.
• By giving the opportunity to these artists to express their talents under a critical vision, a major breakthrough was accomplished; that of presenting for the first time Contemporary art never before shown in this city. It was then after the artists’ careers where assured, that Virginia Hernandez, an artist herself, decided to expand her wings to further develop her own creative processes.
• 1995 was the beginning of the “Luna Rosa” project, by Virginia Hernández. Its objective: to promote young artists talent by organizing exhibitions in the Luna Rosa Art Gallery, created by Virginia Hernández, which was located in the historical and preferred cultural city of Cali, Colombia.